National Juried Exhibition ~ Juror John Seed
Featuring Anne Harris
Prizes: First $750; Second $500; Third $250
Deadline: September 15, 2020
Buckham Gallery invites you to enter Disrupted Realism, a national juried exhibition established to explore contemporary painting that challenges the traditional concepts of realism. “It is a subjective approach to painting that favors perception over seeing and embraces subjectivity,” John Seed, author of Disrupted Realism.
John Seed is a Professor Emeritus of art and art history at Mt. San Jacinto College and the author of "Disrupted Realism." Seed has written about art and artists for Arts of Asia, Art Ltd., Harvard Magazine, International Artist, The HuffingtonPost and Hyperallergic.com He was a featured expert in the Google Arts and Culture video series "Name That Art" and currently serves on the board of the Sam Francis Foundation.
Featured Artist: Anne Harris
Anne Harris, featured in John Seed’s book, “Disrupted Realism,” has exhibited at venues ranging from Alexandre Gallery, DC Moore Gallery and Nielsen Gallery, to the National Portrait Gallery at the Smithsonian Institute, The Portland Museum of Art, the California Center for Contemporary Art and the North Dakota Museum of Art. Her work is in such public collections as The Fogg Museum at Harvard, The Yale University Art Gallery and The New York Public Library. Grants and awards received include a Guggenheim Foundation Fellowship and an NEA Individual Artists Fellowship. Represented by Alexandre Gallery, New York, NY
Image: Anne Harris, “Portrait (Red Robe)” (detail), oil on linen, 52x33”, 2012
For more information or to apply visit: https://artist.callforentry.
- Each artist may submit 3 works for $20, $5 for additional image
- All work must be original in concept
- Submitted artworks should be paintings, defined as the application of paint to a generally two dimensional surface. Collage, photograph, transfer, and drawing media are acceptable as part of the painting, however paint should also be included.
- Submitted images of work must represent its true appearance and not be altered digitally
- Artist must be 18 years of age or older
- Artist must be a resident of the USA
- Submissions must be entered through CaFE by September 15, 2020. Artists will be notified by October 15, 2020.
- This exhibition will open April 9, 2021 at Buckham Gallery, in Flint, Michigan.
Please direct questions to Michele Leclaire via Exhibitions@buckhamgallery.org or call Buckham Gallery at 810-239-6233.